Online enrollment is open for NEW families to the Waynesville R-VI School District; In-person enrollment for new families will be held Aug. 5 & 6
Online enrollment is now available for new families who recently moved into the Waynesville R-VI School District at https://www.waynesville.k12.mo.us/Page/12197/.
“This is a contactless way for our new families to complete the enrollment process from the convenience of their home,” said Courtney Long, director of student services.
Those who enroll online will receive communication back from the district within 3 business days, confirming the receipt of their enrollment and notifying them of the next steps in the process.
For those unable to complete the process online, an in-person new student enrollment will be held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 5, and Thursday, Aug. 6, at Waynesville High School, regardless of the child’s grade. Families are asked to wear masks and to observe distancing guidelines from other families and may be asked to wait in a waiting area to maintain social distancing. Families who are completing the process in person on Aug. 5 and 6 should go to the main entrance at Waynesville High School. It is not necessary for the child to be present at the time of enrollment.
Regardless of whether a student is being enrolled in person or online, the documents needed to enroll include:
- proof of residence* (without one of the documents listed as proof of residence
below*, you will be unable to register.)
- registered birth certificate (see Kindergarten and First Grade Entry Requirements
under the 2020-21 Enrollment Information)
- shot record (see Immunizations)
- last grade card (if applicable)
- transfer sheet (if provided)
- any other information from previous school
If your student was enrolled in the Waynesville R-VI School District during the 2019-20 school year and will be returning in the fall, your child will automatically be enrolled for the next school year.
The first day of school for the 2020-21 school year will be Monday, Aug. 24. The school year calendar is at
*Proof of residence: Any ONE of the following documents in the parent/guardian’s name meets the state’s proof of residence requirements:
- property tax statement
- utility bill/agreement (must be dated within the last 60 days). Utilities include water, electric, trash, gas and home phone/internet. Cell phone agreements may not be used to meet this criteria.
- real estate contract
- rental agreement/receipt
- military housing contract
If you have questions about these documents, please contact 573-842-2092.
July 30, 2020