New student enrollment will beheld Aug. 5 & 6
New student enrollment will be held Aug. 5 & 6
New student enrollment for the Waynesville R-VI School District is scheduled to be held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 5, and Thursday, Aug. 6, for students living in Waynesville, St. Robert and Fort Leonard Wood.
The parents of ALL new students should go the main entrance at Waynesville High School to begin the enrollment process, regardless of the grade or school their child will be entering.
“Instead of having families go to each school to enroll their students, each school will have a representative at WHS,” said Michele Sumter, director of student services. “We piloted this program last year and the overwhelming response was positive. Families with children in more than one building especially appreciated the convenience of registering all children in one location.”
New students to the Waynesville R-VI School District may learn more and pre-enroll online by clicking on the “New Student Info” link across the top of the district’s main webpage at www.waynesville.k12.mo.us. All children from the same family should register under one login account. The online enrollment application saves time, but it does not completely replace the need to go to the high school to complete the registration process. Documents needed to enroll include:
- proof of residence* (without one of the documents listed as proof of residence
below*, you will be unable to register.)
- registered birth certificate (see Kindergarten and First Grade Entry Requirements
under the 2020-21 Enrollment Information)
- shot record (see Immunizations)
- last grade card (if applicable)
- transfer sheet (if provided)
- any other information from previous school
If your student was enrolled in the Waynesville R-VI School District during the 2019-20 school year and will be returning in the fall, your child will automatically be enrolled for the next school year.
The first day of school for the 2020-21 school year will be Monday, Aug. 24. The school year calendar is at
*Proof of residence: Any ONE of the following documents in the parent/guardian’s name meets the state’s proof of residence requirements:
- property tax statement
- utility bill/agreement (must be dated within the last 60 days). Utilities include water, electric, trash, gas and home phone/internet. Cell phone agreements may not be used to meet this criteria.
- real estate contract
- rental agreement/receipt
- military housing contract
If you have questions about these documents, please contact 573-842-2092.
June 4, 2020