Return to Headlines

Proof of residence days being held June 24 and 25

Proof of residence days being held June 24 and 25


All parents of Waynesville R-VI School students – even those who have lived here their entire lives – will need to provide proof of residence prior to the start of the 2019-20 school year to comply with Missouri law, if they have not already done so in 2019.


This is a one-time only requirement, unless your family later moves within the district.


Proof of residence will be accepted between 7:30 and 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday, June 24, and Tuesday, June 25, in the Tiger Joe Café located near the main entrance at Waynesville High School. The Tiger Joe Café is located at the entrance to the WHS Auditorium (Theater).


Frequently asked questions:

1)    How can I prove that I live here? 
A. Any one of the following in the name of the parent/guardian is an acceptable proof of residence document:
i. Property tax statement
ii. Utility bill/agreement
iii. Real estate contract
iv. Rental agreement/receipt
v. Military housing contract


2)    Do I have to provide this information in person? 
A. No, you may email your proof of residence by Aug. 1, 2019. 
B. Or, you may mail in proof of residence at any time by Aug. 1 to Waynesville R-VI Student Services, 200 Fleetwood Dr., Waynesville, MO 65583. (Copies of proof of residence will not be returned to you, so please do not send us your only copy.) 


3)    Can I enroll my new student without proof of residence? 
A. You may fill out the registration paperwork and turn it in, but proof of residence will be required before your child may start school.


4)    What if I am living in temporary quarters on Fort Leonard Wood? 
A. The school district will honor a waivable time frame for military personnel with dependents who have not received or secured a permanent housing assignment within the school district.


5)    Will I have to do this every year? 
A. No, but all parents/guardians – even those who have lived here all of their lives – must submit proof of residence by Aug. 1, 2019, for the 2019-20 school year. A second proof of residence will only be required if your family later moves within the district to a new address.


6)    If I turned in Proof of Residence documents earlier this year, do I need to do it again?
A. No. If you completed your proof of residence any time in 2019, you have met the requirements for proof of residence.


7)    Who can I contact if I have questions?

A.    Please contact or call 573-842-2092.


"Issued June 19, 2019"