Return to Headlines

Current Waynesville students will need to show proof of residence for 2019-2020 school year

Current Waynesville students will need to show proof of residence for 2019-2020 school year


All current students who plan to remain enrolled in the Waynesville R-VI School District will need their parents/guardians to provide proof of residence prior to the start of the 2019-2020 school year to comply with Missouri law.


Proof of residence will be accepted from 7:30 to 9 a.m. and 4 to 5 p.m. on Monday, March 11, and Tuesday, March 12, in the Lecture Hall at Waynesville High School. This location is for all returning students – regardless of their grade in school. The lecture hall is located on the east side of the WHS campus, has its own separate entrance and is marked with a very small sign that states “Lecture Hall.” Parking is near Tiger Stadium. The district plans to offer the same opportunity on May 30 and 31 during the same times and at the same location.


Parents also may submit proof of residence in advance for currently enrolled students at any time between now and Aug. 1 to Waynesville R-VI Student Services, 200 Fleetwood Dr., Waynesville, MO 65583. Include your name, address, your children’s names, current grade in school, the name of the school they attend and a phone number where we may reach you. (Copies of proof of residence will not be returned to you, so please do not send us your only copy.)




  1. What can I show to prove that I live within the district?
    1. Any one of the following is an acceptable proof of residence document in the parent/guardian name:
      1. Property tax statement
      2. Utility bill/agreement
      3. Real estate contract
      4. Rental agreement/receipt
      5. Military housing contract

  2. Will I need to do this every year?
    1. No. This a one-time requirement that will only need to be updated if your family moves.

  3. Why is the district requesting proof?
    1. To be in compliance with Missouri law.

  4. Can I enroll my child without proof of residence?
    1. You may fill out the registration paperwork and turn it in, but proof of residence will be required before your child may start school.

  5. What if I am living in temporary quarters on Fort Leonard Wood?
    1. The school district will honor a waivable time frame for military personnel with dependents who have not received or secured a permanent housing assignment within the school district.

  6. Our family arrived in 2019 and had to show proof of residence at that time. Do we need to do so again?
    1. No.  If you enrolled after Jan. 1, 2019, you have already provided the proof of residence; however, if your family moves within the district, you will need to show proof for the new residence.  

"Issued March 8, 2019"