Waynesville Middle School offers special activities in order to reward those students who have met reasonable academic and conduct
Special activities might include, but are not limited to, the following: activity night, field trips, movies, assemblies, parties, etc. There
may be other special activities for which the students are required to meet the criteria.
The following criteria must be met in order to participate in special activities.
1. A student must have NO out-of-school (OSS) suspension during the current semester.
2. A student must have NO ISS during the current semester.
3. He/she must be passing six (6) of his/her seven (7) classes one week prior to the trip or activity.
4. A student cannot have received more than two (2) discipline referrals during the current semester.
5. A student cannot have more than four (4) absences due to illness without a signed doctor’s note during the current semester.
Absences due to family emergencies will be excused with permission from the principal.
6. A student cannot be suspended from the school bus during the time of the activity.
7. A permission slip must be returned with parent or guardian signature before or on each required due date.
8. If a discipline problem occurs during the activity or field trip, the child will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent
activity or field trip.