• How do I enroll my new student?

    In order to enroll your students, you will need to be sure to have their shot record, birth certificate, and proof of residence. It is not necessary to bring other items. We can send a request to the previous school to obtain any other information. New students to the Waynesville R-VI School District may enroll online.

    What does Freedom have to offer students who need additional support?

    Freedom has set aside an hour a day to assist students with their various academic needs based on assessment data. 

    If you feel like your child needs additional support, please contact your child’s teacher or house principal at (573) 842-2100.

    Mrs. Vernon (East House), Mrs. Scott (West House), or Mrs. Headrick (South House) 

    How do I deposit lunch money?

    You can send lunch money in an envelope labeled with your child’s first and last name and the teacher will send it to the office or you can come into the office and pickup an envelope and deposit it in the office.  You can also register for an online account by visiting https://www.MySchoolBucks.com. 

    How can I find out my students' grades and attendance?

    Waynesville school district uses Powerschool. This program can give you detailed information about your student’s grades and attendance. If you need to register for an account or would like more information, please contact Freedom's front office at (573)-842-2100.

    What is the best way to communicate with my child’s teacher?

    Email or Remind are the most efficient ways to get in touch with your child’s teacher. Each teacher also has a specified plan time and would be happy to talk with you during that hour. If you call outside of plan time a secretary will be happy to take a message and the teacher will return your call as soon as possible. 

    Can I bring in cupcakes for birthday celebrations?

    If you would like to bring a treat that is fine, please give your child's teacher advanced notice.  All treats should be store bought with ingredients listed. We do not allow balloons etc... If birthday invitations are going to be passed out at school, everyone in class must receive one.