Parent-teacher conferences for students in the Waynesville R-VI School District will be held as follows:
- Elementary (grades K-5): Oct. 22 and 24 from 4 to 7:30 p.m.
- Sixth Grade Center (grade 6) Oct 21 and 24 from 3 to 6:30 p.m.
- Secondary (grades 7-12): Oct 21 and 24 from 3 to 6:30 p.m.
Due to parent-teacher conferences being held at the elementary buildings on Tuesday, Oct. 22, and Thursday, Oct. 24, there will be no Club Tiger on those evenings. Due to parent-teacher conferences being held at the secondary buildings on Monday, Oct. 21, Thursday, Oct. 24, there will be no WIN on those evenings. The after-school activity buses for middle school and high school students will run on Oct. 21-24.
There will be no school on Friday, Oct. 25, 2019.
For the Love of Reading Day on Friday, Oct. 11, many guest readers across the district shared stories with our students, including School Board members, district administrators, and military personnel. Dan Deering, secretary of the Waynesville R-VI Board of Education, is pictured above reading to students.
• The Waynesville High School Theatre Department and Thespian Troupe 1669 will present their fall play, “Shakespeare in Hollywood” by Ken Ludwig at 7 p.m. Oct. 17, 18 and 19, and at 2:30 p.m. on Oct. 20 in the Waynesville High School Auditorium. The play is rated PG. The cost is $5 for adults; $4 for students and staff; and $3 for children.
• Students and adults are encouraged to wear orange on Unity Day, Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2019, to show that bullying is not acceptable and that all students deserve to be safe in school, online and in the community.
• Military Appreciation Night will be held Friday, Oct. 25, at Tiger Stadium. Game admission is $4 per person; however, all active duty service members, including National Guard and Reserves, and military retirees with military ID will be admitted to the game free of charge.
• The public is invited to attend the free South Central District Honor Band Concert at 5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, in the Waynesville High School Auditorium.
• The public is invited to attend the free South Central District Choir Concert at 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 9, in the Waynesville High School Auditorium.
• The Route 66 Shootout will be held Dec. 20 and 21 at Waynesville High School gym with multiple basketball games being played each day. Passes may not be used for the Route 66 Shootout.
Suicide awareness, prevention session to be held tonight
The Waynesville R-VI School District will host a Suicide Prevention and Awareness Session for parents and students from 5:30 to 6:15 p.m. tonight, Oct. 17, 2019, at the Waynesville Middle School Library.
Suicide awareness and prevention is being addressed as part of the district’s PRIDE program, which stands for positivity, respect, individualism, development and education.
Public Notice from Special Services_______________________________________________________________________
WAYNESVILLE R-VI SCHOOL DISTRICT
Excel as a student-centered community of learners that embraces diversity and innovation.
Empower and prepare individual students for future opportunities as citizens and leaders.