Homework is a reinforcement of skills taught in the classroom. Unfinished class work will be labeled as HW (homework) in the daily planner. Some daily homework suggestions are:
- read library book for 15-30 minutes each night
- review math facts for 5-10 minutes each night (+, -, x)
Graded work will be sent home in this folder. Please review the items in the folder. Your son or daughter should return it the next day.
A weekly newsletter will be sent home. It will contain information pertinent to the coming week such as:
- themes and learning objectives we are studying
- important dates and information on events
What can I do to help at home?
- Read to your child and allow them to read to you
- Ask your child about school and take an interest in what they are learning
- Make sure your child gets enough sleep