Waynesville R-VI School District Wellness Goals
The Waynesville R-VI School District is committed to the wellness of their staff and students. Wellness is a focus area for the district Comprehensive School Improvement Plan (CSIP) and the following action steps were established by the district CSIP committee regarding wellness:
- Work with curriculum committees to embed mindfulness activities into daily learning.
- Develop and implement a wellness plan that increases strategies to promote social wellness for staff and students.
- Increase student and teacher access to emotional support services.
- Work wtih the Physical Education and Health curriculum teams to embed and implement strategies that promote healthy lifestyles and lifetime physical wellness activities into daily lessons.
- 90% of students will be in attendance 90% of the time or greater.