This course is designed to provide competence based knowledge and hands-on fundamentals associated with the cosmetology industry. Following State Board Rules & Regulation is mandatory. Practicing safety and sanitation is your responsibility throughout your program of study and as a future professional. The curriculum provides a simulated salon environment that will enable each student to develop these skills.
Coursework includes both theory and practical work on mannequins, fellow students in nail and skin care, product knowledge, hand and nail treatments, and other selected topics. Clinical work will be completed on patrons as well as fellow students in a salon atmosphere under the supervision of the instructor.
Nail Tech Expectations
Students Should Be Able To:
- Understand importance of Rules & Regulations as per State Board
- Complete clinical work on clients
- Effectively use fine motor skills
- Reading comprehension at grade level or above
- Have good people skills
- Have good communication skills
- Organizational & time-management skills