AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associates (VSA)
What is AmeriCorps VISTA?
AmeriCorps VISTA is the national service program designed specifically to fight proverty. Founded as Volunteers in Service to America in 1965 and incorporated into the AmeriCorps network of programs in 1993. VISTA has been on the front lines in the fight against poverty in America for more than 40 years.
What do Waynesville VISTA Summer Associates do?
Waynesville VISTA Summer Associates (VSAs) commit to serve full-time (40 hours per week) for ten weeks through the Waynesville R-VI School District. Members will serve in one or more of the following capacities:
- Tutors, fitness, and wellness activities for students ages 5-14
- Mentor and promote leadership and self-discovery skills in students ages 9-18
- Clerical/technical support or community beautification for nonprofit community agencies
- Assist in programming to add or support meal sites that serve both youth and elders
- Assist in programming to enhance existing STEM projects
What are the requirements for VISTA Summer Associates?
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. National or legal permanent resident alien in the United States
- Must be able to serve on a full-time basis for the entire 10-week period
- An organizer
- A self-starter
What are the benefits for VISTA Summer Associates?
- Making a difference in Pulaski County Communities
- $1,011 Monthly living allowance
- $1,252.91 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or $345.80 cash stipend, upon successful completion
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 19, 2019
- Go to www.my.americorps.gov
- Select "Apply to Serve"
- Complete your four-part profile
- After you complete your profile, create you eight-step application, which includes: employment history, skills & experience, community service, education, motivational statement, criminal history, optional information and references. Note: your application must be complete in order for you to be selevted as a Waynesville AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associate.
- Click "Search Listings"
- Type "Waynesville" in the Program Name field, select Search
- Select the 2019 Waynesville VISTA Summer Associate service opportunity, and select "Apply Now"
- Submit your completed application
- Contact Community Resource Office at (573) 842-2250 to let her know you have applied or if you need any help with your application
If you have any problems with your application, please contact Community Resource Office at (573) 842- 2250 or the My AmeriCorps Helpdesk at 1-800-942-2677
For more information about the AmeriCorps VISTA program visit: http://www.americorps.gov/vista