AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associates (VSA)
What is AmeriCorps VISTA?
AmeriCorps VISTA is the national service program designed specifically to fight poverty. Founded as Volunteers in Service to America in 1965 and incorporated into the AmeriCorps network of programs in 1993. VISTA has been on the front lines in the fight against poverty in America for more than 40 years.
What do Waynesville VISTA Summer Associates do?
Waynesville VISTA Summer Associates (VSAs) commit to serving full-time (40 hours per week) for ten weeks through the Waynesville R-VI School District. Members will serve in one or more of the following capacities:
- Tutors, fitness, and wellness activities for students ages 5-14
- Mentor and promote leadership and self-discovery skills in students ages 9-18
- Clerical/technical support or community beautification for nonprofit community agencies
- Assist in programming to add or support meal sites that serve both youth and elderly
- Assist in programming to enhance existing STEM projects
What are the requirements for VISTA Summer Associates?
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. National or legal permanent resident alien in the United States
- Must be able to serve on a full-time basis for the entire 10-week period
- An organizer
- A self-starter
What are the benefits for VISTA Summer Associates?
- Making a difference in Pulaski County Communities
- $1,150 Monthly living allowance
- $1,374.60 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or $276.64 (8wks), $345.80 (10wks) cash stipend, upon successful completion
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 8, 2022 (for Summer 2022)
- Go to https://my.americorps.gov/
- Select "Apply to Serve".
- Complete your four-part profile.
- After you complete your profile, create your eight-step application, which includes: employment history, skills & experience, community service, education, motivational statement, criminal history, optional information and references. **Note: your application must be completed in order for you to be selected as a Waynesville AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associate.**
- Click "Search Listings".
- Type "Waynesville" in the Program Name field. Select "Search".
- Select the Waynesville VISTA Summer of Service 2022 - 8 weeks or Waynesville VISTA Summer of Service 2022 - 10 weeks (Rolla) opportunity, and select "Apply Now". Please be sure you can serve the dates you are selecting!
- Submit your completed application.
- Contact Community Resource Office at (573) 842-2250 to let her know you have applied or if you need any help with your application.
If you have any problems with your application, please contact Community Resource Office at (573) 842- 2250 or the My AmeriCorps Helpdesk at 1-800-942-2677.
For more information about the AmeriCorps VISTA program, click here.