Waynesville Community Garden
The Waynesville Community Garden's mission is to improve food security through gardening, hands-on learning opportunities for students, and providing fresh, organic produce to the community.
The Community Garden allows afterschool programs, community groups, and individuals to adopt a plot to grow crops. The community garden also hosts educational events to teach children agricultural techniques and the importance of healthy food.
The Community Garden has five goals:
- To improve food security for those in need by providing garden plots for individuals, families, or groups to adopt
- Supply community members with an area to learn to garden for themselves
- Provide educational opportunities for students and the community
- Continued upkeep and coordination of the garden for years to come
- Improve access to fresh produce for low-income families
The Waynesville Community Garden is currently accepting applications for plots. Plots are provided for community members at no cost. Application can be downloaded here. All Waynesville Community Garden participants must have a Waynesville R-VI School District Volunteer Background Form on file.
The Waynesville Community Garden is open for planting on March 2, 2019 thru November 12, 2019.
For news and updates on the Community Garden, check out the Community Garden Quarterly Newsletter