Waynesville AmeriCorps VISTA
VISTA members make a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on specific projects within the Waynesville R-VI School District and its communities. VISTA member benefits include:
After successful completion of your year-long service, you will have the choice between two end-of-service awards:
- $1,026 monthly living allowance.
- The ability to put student loans in forbearance.
- The ability to put student loan interest into deferment.
- Access to a Health Cost Sharing Plan or Catastrophic Health Emergency Plan.
- Non-competitive eligibility for federal government service.
- $5,815 Segal Education Award or
- $1,803 Cash award
VISTA Summer Associate positions are available for a 10 week period beginning in May. For more information on the VISTA Summer Associate positions, please click here.