Waynesville AmeriCorpsAmeriCorps engages more than 80,000 Americans in intensive service each year at nonprofits, schools, public agencies, and community and faith-based groups across the country. Since the program’s founding in 1994, more than 800,000 AmeriCorps members have contributed more than 1 billion hours in service across America while tackling pressing problems and mobilizing millions of volunteers for the organizations they serve.AmeriCorps programs do more than move communities forward; they serve their members by creating jobs and providing pathways to opportunity for young people entering the workforce. AmeriCorps places thousands of young adults into intensive service positions where they learn valuable work skills, earn money for education, and develop an appreciation for citizenship.For more indepth information about what AmeriCorps responsibilities include please click here.AmeriCorps Service BenefitsFull time and part time positions are available. While volunteering for AmeriCorps, you will receive the following in service benefits:
In addition to the mentioned in service benefits, you will also be awarded a Segal Education Award of $5,920 for full time, $2,960 for part time, and $1,252.91 for the short term Vista Summer Associate (VSA) position.Requirements and how to apply:
- Monthly living allowance, ranging from $221.00 to $1,210 depending on the number of service hours per week.
- The ability to put student loans in forbearance.
- Work experience and training in public service, poverty relief, and education.
- Access to a Health Cost Sharing Plan or Catastrophic Health Emergency Plan.
How to Apply:
- Be at least 17 years of age or older.
- Have a High School diploma or GED.
- Enjoy working with children.
- A college degree and/or teaching experience is preferred but not required.
- Visit Apply to Serve (my.americorps.gov)
- Complete each of the four steps to create your profile.
- You will be sent an email with a registration link to complete the process. After finishing registration, complete your eight-step application. This process may take some time and will require you to have the following information: employment history, community service history, education history, criminal history, and professional references.
- Once you have completed your application, click "Search Listings", select "Missouri" for the state, and under program name type "Waynesville."
- Find and select "Waynesville AmeriCorps" and then click "Apply Now!"
- Submit your completed application.
- Call our office (573) 842-2250 and let us know you submitted your application.
Club TIGERClub TIGER lets students explore and develop their talents, while gaining critical thinking skills for learning through the delivery of high quality, hands-on, project-based programs in a variety of content areas. Most Club TIGER afterschool program are facilitated by AmeriCorps volunteers. AmeriCorps volunteers are vital to the Club TIGER program, their continued support helps keep the cost of Club TIGER accessible to many families. Volunteers help lead clubs, classes, and provide tutoring for students with homework.School MentorshipAmeriCorps members serve as tutors throughout the Waynesville R-VI School District. This allows many students to have more individualized attention, while also bringing in outside expertise to broaden students' education experience.Volunteer Recruitment and CoordinationA small number of AmeriCorps members serve as coordinators and recruiters for Waynesville Volunteers. These AmeriCorps members interact with the Better Impact volunteer database system and help to process and coordinate new and returning district volunteers.