Waynesville AmeriCorpsAmeriCorps engages more than 80,000 Americans in intensive service each year at nonprofits, schools, public agencies, and community and faith-based groups across the country. Since the program’s founding in 1994, more than 800,000 AmeriCorps members have contributed more than 1 billion hours of service across America while tackling pressing problems and mobilizing millions of volunteers for the organizations they serve.AmeriCorps programs do more than move communities forward; they serve their members by creating jobs and providing pathways to opportunity for young people entering the workforce. AmeriCorps places thousands of young adults in intensive service positions where they learn valuable work skills, earn money for education, and develop an appreciation for citizenship.For more in depth information about what AmeriCorps responsibilities include, please click here.AmeriCorps Service BenefitsFull-time and part-time positions are available. While volunteering for AmeriCorps, you will receive the following in-service benefits:
In addition to the mentioned in-service benefits, you will also be awarded a Segal Education Award of $6,495.00 for full-time and a minimum of $1,374.60 for part-time positions. There is an increased pay for a substitute certificate and additional years of service.
- The monthly living allowance will range from $441.66 to $1980.50, depending on the position.
- The ability to put student loans in forbearance.
- Work experience and training in public service, poverty relief, and education.
- Access to Health Insurance - Childcare. (for qualified individuals)
Be at least 17 years of age or older
Have a High School diploma or GED, or agree to obtain a High School Diploma
Enjoy working with childrenHow to Apply:
- Visit Apply to Serve (my.americorps.gov)
- Complete each of the four steps to create your profile.
- You will be sent an email with a registration link to complete the process. After finishing registration, complete your eight-step application. This process may take some time and will require you to have the following information: employment history, community service history, educational history, criminal history, and professional references.
- Once you have completed your application, click "Search Listings", and under the program name type "Waynesville."
- Find and select "Waynesville AmeriCorps" and then click "Apply Now!"
- Submit your completed application.
- Call our office (573) 842-2250 and let us know you submitted your application.
Club TIGER Afterschool Program
WMS/WSGC WIN Afterschool Program
Snack in a Pack
Club TIGER lets students explore and develop their talents, while gaining critical thinking skills for learning through the delivery of high quality, hands-on, project-based programs in a variety of content areas. Most Club TIGER afterschool programs are facilitated by AmeriCorps volunteers. AmeriCorps volunteers are vital to the Club TIGER program. Their continued support helps keep the cost of Club TIGER accessible to many families. Volunteers help lead clubs, classes, and provide tutoring for students with homework.
AmeriCorps members serve as tutors throughout the Waynesville R-VI School District. This allows many students to have more individualized attention, while also bringing in outside expertise to broaden students' educational experience.