Application Deadlines and Fees:
How to Apply:
All Waynesville School of Practical Nursing applicants will need to turn in ALL completed documents at ONE time.
- Your completed and signed Waynesville School of Practical Nursing application
- Your non-refundable $20 application fee (check, cash, debit, VISA, or Mastercard) and $65 testing fee
- Official High School Transcripts
- Official College Transcripts (if using A+), Unofficial College Transcripts (if NOT using A+)
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit one of the following documents:
-TOEFL exam results
- ESLO Services
- H.S. diploma from an accredited public or private school within the U.S.
- A score of 20 or higher on the English portion of the ACT
- A "C" average or better in English Composition at the college level
- Three Professional Reference Survey's returned by the deadline (Professional Reference surveys will not be accepted from the applicant)
- Early Application Deadline: March 11, 2022
- Final Application Deadline: May 20, 2022
After you have submitted your application packet, you can schedule an appointment with the Waynesville School of Practical Nursing Secretary to take your TEAS exam.
Entrance Exam (ATI-TEAS):
- You will schedule your ATI-TEAS exam with the PN secretary when you turn in your PN Application Packet. The TEAS will be administered by appointment only. Please notify our office if you are unable to make the date you selected.
- Test results are available immediately after testing.
- A 58.7% or higher is required on the TEAS exam for the applicant to be considered for admission into the program.
- You are advised to make your online ATI account by visiting www.atitesting.com. You will need your ATI username and password for the exam.
- You will be allowed to test twice during the application process. The second test must be a minimum of two weeks after the first test. If you decide to take the test a second time, there will be a $65 fee for the re-test.
- The TEAS exam consists of four sections: Reading, Math, Science, and English/Language Usage. The test is four hours total, with each section timed individually. The TEAS consists of 170 questions.
- Study Guides are available at the Waynesville Career Center for $55, or you can visit https://www.atitesting.com/teas-prep for a study guide manual and other test prep options.
*All application documents and a TEAS score of 58.7% (or higher) must be on file by the deadline in order to be considered for admission.
Once you have earned a 58.7% or higher on the TEAS exam, you will be required to complete the next steps of the application process (the Practical Nursing Secretary will give you more specific instructions once you have successfully completed your TEAS exam).
- Criminal Background Check ($15.25)
Professional Reference Surveys
- You are required to have at least three of your listed Professional References complete and return a Professional Reference Survey to the PN Secretary by the application deadline
- Surveys will NOT be accepted from the applicant
- Surveys cannot be completed by family members.
- All applicants must meet the basic requirement for admission into the Waynesville School of Practical Nursing.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED/HiSet.
- Be 18 years of age.
- Earn a 58.7% or higher on the TEAS entrance examination. TEAS exam may be taken from any location. Please send results to 400 G.W. Lane, Waynesville, MO 65583.
- Be of good moral character as verified by written personal references.
- Have a sincere interest in nursing as a career.
- Complete an essay with the application.
- Must have a criminal background check.
- Be accepted by a committee of professionals convened for the purpose of selecting up to 37 students for the school year.
- Be physically, mentally, and medically able with or without reasonable accommodation to successfully perform the essential functions necessary in the role of the student nurse.
- Accepted applicants must make tuition payments as required.
- If you know that you will be moving to the area, please start the application process as soon as possible. We can accept applications through the mail.
"I wanted to become a nurse to understand the disease process as I grieved the loss of my parents, for I had no clue what was happening to them. We had just moved here from out of state and my husband had gone to work on post. That evening he brought me a flier for the Waynesville School of Practical Nursing and to my amazement NO prerequisites were required prior to enrolling in the program, all I needed was to pass the TEAS test. I am currently working in a nursing home as an LPN, and enjoy having the ability to serve my fellow humans not only with love and compassion but also with a deeper understanding of ailments."
- Catherine, LPN, Class of 2021