Nail Technology Program
400 hours of instruction
The nail industry is growing to be a multi-billion dollar industry. This program offers an opportunity for a career as a Board Certified Manicurist.
The Nail Technology program at Waynesville Career Center is designed to prepare students to take the state licensing exam through the Missouri State Board of Cosmetology. Students will learn proper use of equipment, products, safety procedures, and techniques involved in performing manicures, pedicures, artificial nail application and other nail services. With 400 hours of instruction and successful completion of the course, students are prepared to take the Missouri State Board Manicurist licensing exam. While enrolled in the program, students are exposed to daily practical experience, work on other students and have the opportunity to provide services to patrons in a clinical setting.
To be considered for admission to the Waynesville Career Center's Nail Technician Program, students must submit the following:
- Application for Admission with $100.00 non-refundable application fee
- Copy of High School Transcript or GED
- Personal References (3)
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of Driver's License or Birth Certificate
- Completed Student Enrollment Form for State Board of Cosmetology
- Turn in $5.00 Money Order, made payable to: Missouri State Board of Cosmetology
- Completed Background Check From the Missouri State Highway Patrol
- Turn in $11.00 Money Order, made payable to: Missouri State Highway Patrol
- Must turn in 2 photographs measuring approximately 2"x2"
There is a $100.00 non-refundable application fee not included in tuition.
COST: $3,435.00 (subject to change)The student is responsible to pay for the application fee, student license, background check, and state board exam. These items are not included in the tuition.
Students accepted to the program must purchase a nail technician kit.
Upon satisfactory completion of the Nail Technology Program, graduates will be qualified for entry level positions as a Nail Technician.
Please fill out a Student Enrollment Application and return to our office.
Once students complete certain hours and a test, the clinic floor is open to the public for services. To better serve you, please call and make an appointment at 573-842-2500 (Ext. 3924).
Click on the links below for more information about enrollment.
600 hours of instruction or work experience equivalence
1,220 hours of instruction meets M.T.Th. 4:30 pm to 9:30 pm