Cosmetology Instructor Program
630 hours of instruction
The Cosmetology Instructor course is offered for the experienced cosmetologyist to become a qualified cosmetology instructor. You must have a current cosmetology license to be eligible. Training consists of theory and principles of effective teaching methods includeing: lesson planning, oral presentations, methods of evaluation, test construction, audio visual equipment operation, among many others. The instructor program consists of lecture, demonstration and laboratory.
With 630 hours of instruction and successful completion of the course, students are prepared to take the Missouri State Cosmetology Instructor licensing examination.
To be considered for admission to the Waynesville Career Center's Cosmetology Instructor Program, students must submit the following:
- Application for Admission with $20.00 non-refundable application fee
- Copy of High School Transcript or GED
- Personal References (3)
- Copy of Driver's License or Birth Certificate
- Completed Student Enrollment Form for State Board of Cosmetology
- Turn in $5.00 Money Order, made payable to: Missouri State Board of Cosmetology
- Completed Background Check From the Missouri State Highway Patrol
- Must turn in 2 photographs measuring approximately 2"x2"
- Complete FAFSA (Financial Aid) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov (WCC School Code: 014833)
COST: $2,900.00 (subject to change)
There is a $20.00 non-refundable application fee not included in tuition.
The student is responsible to pay for the application fee, instructor training license, background check, and state board exam. These items are not included in the tuition.
Please fill out the Cosmetology Instructor Application and return to our office.
Click on the links below for more information about: