• Frequently Asked Questions

    What if my child has a food allergy?  Waynesville Schools will offer food substitutions to students that have food allergy documentation from a medical professional. Provide the school nurse with allergy information on your child. Food allergy information is entered into our computer lunch program and carries over from one year to the next.
    Is breakfast available?  Yes, breakfast is available in all schools.
    How do I pay for my student's lunch?  The Food Services department uses a computerized system that allows parents/guardians to prepay any amount into their student's account. Parents/Guardians may set up an account with My School Bucks and may use a debit or credit card to prepay. As the student purchases food, money is deducted from the account. Visit MySchoolBucks for more information on this payment system. Students may pre-pay with cash by placing cash in the provided meal payment boxes in the offices. Each envelope should include the student's name, ID number (if known), school where enrolled and amount enclosed. Money is not accepted by cafeteria scanners/cashiers.
    What is the lunch policy for the Waynesville R-VI School District?  The lunch policy for the district can be found here.

    How do I find out what is for lunch each day?  Menus are located on the Food Services website. Menus are subject to change.

    What if I want my child to purchase only meals and no a la carte foods?  Our computerized program allows parents to restrict or limit a la carte items. Just notify the Food Services staff at 573-842-2099.  Milk is the only a la carte item that K-8 students can purchase, but WHS students can purchase items if there is a positive balance on the account.
    When can I apply for the free or reduced price program?  Applications are handed out at the time of enrollment and are available online. You can apply anytime throughout the school year. If your income or household size changes, please DO NOT fill out another application, simply contact the food service office at 573-842-2099 or fill out an application if you have not already done so. A new application must be completed each year (one per family).  The Food Service staff can help you with any questions you may have.  
    End of Year Procedures for Meal Accounts:  All balances left in meal accounts at the end of the school year will automatically be carried forward for students continuing at any school in the Waynesville R-VI School District.  If a student moves out of the school district, a refund can be requested.  The parent/guardian may request a refund by filling out this form and returning it to the Food Services Office at 200 Fleetwood Dr, Waynesville, MO  65583.



    In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964(202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.