S2S Student Ambassadors
2022-2023 WHS S2S Ambassadors
- Fatima D
- Elexsia T
- Skye S
- Isabela C
- Chrystallyn W
- Laylynn H
- Madison K
- Aaron L
- Rikku C
- Rebecca V
- Rylie V
- Daniel V
- Kurt H
- Isabella Y
- Ciaera AK
- Annalyse R
- Mason D
- Fatima A
S2S Core Values
Leadership - Student Character Growth
- Being a role model
- Changing the way students feel about the new student
- Growing your S2S program for the future
Academics - Educational Adjustments
- Encouraging education success
- Informing them of unique aspects for the new school
- Providing them resources
Service - Community Outreach
- Giving back to the school
- Giving back to the community
- Giving back to the world
Finding the Way - Campus, Culture, and Community
- Campus- helping the new students learn their way around the new school
- Culture- The behaviors and beliefs characteristic that make your school unique
- Community- The good your community has to offer
Relationships - 100% Acceptance
- Acceptance- Creating an environment where all are respected
- Belonging- Helping the new student find a place where they fit and feel accepted
- Connections- introducing the new student to others with like qualities, values, and interests
What is the Purpose of S2S?
- To rapidly meet the transitioning students’ critical needs.
- To quickly bring transitioning students necessary and relevant information from a credible, reliable source: another student.
- To immediately establish a peer relationship thereby helping students to gain greater confidence, enhance their comfort level and increase their well-being while they adjust to their new experiences.
S2S Program Bottom Line Objective:
To provide every transitioning student that “critical edge” for a successful transition.
How does S2S training benefit the transitioning student?
- Provides immediate positive peer contacts and connections.
- Presents valuable and credible transition information offered by peers.
- Initiates relationships, builds trust, and fosters communication and mutual understanding with someone to whom students can relate.
- Allows students to get comfortable with their new school and the community.
- Allows students to get to their academic faster.
- Promotes a feeling of being more a part of their school right away.
- Helps them feel better about themselves.
How does the S2S program benefit the student trainer?
- Excellent leadership opportunities and experience in leading.
- Personal and professional skills development in project management, problem solving, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience all aspects of training and being a trainer.
- Being a part of a team and learning to cooperate as a team member.
- Learning lessons in citizenship, helping others, making commitments and developing new relationships with people that they would not normally meet.
- Building a great portfolio to use for college recommendations and for future resume material as life expanding lessons learned.