Each student in the Waynesville R-VI school district in grades K-12 is issued a Chromebook and parents are encouraged to consider insurance, also known as the damage waiver fee, for their children’s Chromebooks.
Insurance is optional for students in grades K-12; however, without insurance parents are responsible for the full cost to repair or replace their child’s Chromebook.
The insurance fee is $20 per each device for the 2021-22 school year for those who would have fully paid for lunches last school year had charges been assessed. For those who would have qualified for free and reduced lunches last school year, the cost is $10 per device for the school year. The maximum damage waiver fee for each family is $40. (See example below).
Example: The maximum damage waiver fee for each family is $40. For example, if you normally pay full price for lunch and you have three or more children enrolled in our district, then you will pay for the first two children ($20 each for 2 children = $40) and the cost for your remaining children will be $0.
Purchasing the insurance/coverages
1. Purchase the insurance (You will need your child(ren)'s Student ID number(s)
If the links above do not work, insurance may be purchased directly through Gallagher’s one2one risk solutions at https://www.one2onerisk.com/ using a debit or credit card. You will need to know each of your children’s student ID number, which is a six-digit number in Tyler. (Returning students should know their student ID number.)
- If your child receives free and reduced lunch and the $40 maximum poses too great of a hardship for your family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information about the district’s use of technology is in the handbook at https://www.waynesville.k12.mo.us/Page/10211
- In addition, you may view the video at https://www.waynesville.k12.mo.us/Page/10533. Please note that the insurance program has been expanded to grades 2-12, since students are now allowed to take home the devices.
- If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com