Grading/ ReTesting Policy for 2019-20 School Year
- 50% of the semester grade comes from summative exams and/or summative projects.
- 50% of the semester grade will be derived from homework, projects, quizzes, and formative assessments.
- All teachers will allow students to turn in work up to the summative exam.
- After the original due date, late work can only earn a max of 70% credit.
*No work may be turned in for credit after the summative exam.
Allowing retesting on summative exams:
- All students may re-test 1 time per unit earning the higher of the two grades if:
- The student has turned in all missing assignments on the day of the retest
- Attended at least one academic assistance/HERO Intervention
- Students have 1 week after they receive their summative assessment score, to retest.
- Project-based classes may allow students to fix or re-do summative projects, if turned in on the due date.
- All re-take exams must be a different form of the original assessments.