Waynesville R-VI School District
From pre-school for children with special needs to dual credit and AP college courses for high school students, the Waynesville R-VI School District serves each individual student. Known for its outstanding schools, Waynesville students perform above average on most state and national tests.
Beyond rigorous academics, students learn to apply school-wide positive behavior support strategies, model character words and embrace good habits for successful daily living. Understanding the value of individual responsibility is emphasized, along with service to others.
1. About our district:
- 5,800 students
2. We're Patriotic
- Our school colors are orange and black and our catch-phrase is "Waynesville R-VI ... where the orange and the black unite with the red, white and blue."
- This community is 1 of 10 communities in the United States to be designated in 2016 as a “Great American Defense Community” for providing unwavering support to service members and military families.
3. Military families are the majority
- 60% of our approximately 5,800 students are military dependents
- 76% are military impacted.
4. Our students are smart
- The Waynesville R-VI School District consistently ranks at the top in the Ozarks Conference in academic achievement and among the top in the state, while enjoying one of the lowest tax levies in the state.
5. Our students are diverse
- Our diverse student population:
- 57% White
- 14% Black or African American
- 13% Hispanic or Latino
- 11% Multi-racial
- 5% Asian, American Indian or Alaska Native
In addition, more than 30 different languages are spoken by students in the Waynesville R-VI School District.
6. Our teachers are awesome
- Home of the Tigers and outstanding teachers and staff, Waynesville R-VI School District ranks as the second largest employer in Pulaski County. Beyond helping students realize academic achievement, our teachers CARE about their students.
7. Low taxes
- Low taxes -- the lowest tax levy in the Ozarks Conference
- Lowest 6% of school tax levies in State of Missouri
- Waynesville R-VI operates one of the lowest tax levies in the State of Missouri at $2.95
8. Graduation rate above state average
- The Waynesville R-VI School District graduates 93% of its students, which is above the state average.