What All New Families Should Know
1. Student Enrollment Information. Click here for enrollment information, including forms, vaccine requirements, Special Education information, etc.
2. Our Schools. The school your child will attend in grades K-5 depends on where you live. Check out the street names on the attendance areas form. Students in grade 6 will attend the Waynesville Sixth Grade Center. Students in grades 7 and 8 will attend Waynesville Middle School. Students in grades 9-12 will attend Waynesville High School. We offer a Freshmen and New Student Transition Day at WHS before school starts each year.
3. School Hours. School hours vary by grade and on Wednesdays all of our schools start 30 minutes later. Accordingly, our buses run 30 minutes later as well. Late Start Wednesdays allow our teachers to participate in collaboration time utilizing the Professional Learning Community process. Dismissal times do not change on Wednesdays.
8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
9 AM to 3:30 PM
8:30 AM to 1 PM
7:30 AM to 2:35 PM
8 AM to 2:35 PM
7:30 AM to Noon
5. Transportation. We offer free bus transportation for students in our district (route information). There are also designated areas for parent pick up and drop off for those students who choose not to utilize the bus. If a map is not included in your packet during Meet the Teacher Night, please ask a secretary for details.
6. School and Teacher Webpages. Every school has its own website and each teacher has a webpage. From the district’s main website, you can click on “Select a School” from the dropdown menu at the top right of the homepage to visit an individual school’s website. The website can be viewed in multiple languages. You can select your preferred language by clicking on the “Translate” dropdown menu at the top. Teacher pages may be reached by going to your child’s school, clicking on the “Teachers” tab and then locating the teacher’s name. Contact information for teachers are on their webpages.
7. School Breakfast and Lunch. Information about school breakfast and lunch can be found here.
8. Summer School. The district offers FREE summer school with free, limited bus routes. We offer fun, hands-on learning activities with programs that range from enrichment to remedial. A majority of our students at all grade levels participate in our month-long, partial day summer school.
9. Social Media Accounts. To keep up with the district’s latest news, we encourage you to check out our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Social Media Links
Waynesville R-VI School District
Waynesville Career Center
Waynesville High School
Waynesville Middle School
Waynesville Sixth Grade Center
Williams Early Childhood Center
10. Important Phone Numbers. For phone numbers to schools, please click here.
11. Volunteer with us. You must pass a background check to volunteer in Waynesville R-VI Schools. Ask the main office staff about how you can get involved with the PTO at your child’s elementary school.
12. Tiger Athletics and Activities. Please see our Athletics page to learn more. Local organizations provide sports programs for students in grades K-6 and Waynesville Schools offer summer camps for students in grades 1-12. Waynesville offers competitive sports programs for students in grades 7-12. Multiple clubs and organizations are offered at the middle and high school levels, depending upon student interest and faculty availability. Music programs are offered at all elementary schools. Intermediate and Advanced Band and choir are offered at Waynesville Middle School. Multiple bands, choirs, and music programs are available at Waynesville High School.
13. New Family Welcome. The Waynesville R-VI School District will host New Family Welcome Sessions for families who have recently moved to the area. If you would like to participate in a New Family Welcome, please contact the Communications and Marketing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.