Parent information for the 2021-2022 School Year and
information related to the Novel Coronavirus, COVID-19
To keep families informed and up-to-date on the latest information regarding the 2021-22 School Year and information regarding the coronavirus, COVID-19, the district has created this website.
UPDATE TO BE POSTED ON WEDNESDAY
Due to the increase in positive COVID-19 cases reported from the holiday weekend, the district will be posting its numbers on Wednesday, Jan. 19, 2022, instead of Tuesday. We apologize for the inconvenience.
In the chart above, hybrid means 40% or more of the class is excluded from school. Students receive virtual instruction at school and at home, based on excluded status.
- Even though some buildings are in green, we STRONGLY encourage all individuals to WEAR MASKS, regardless of their vaccination status.
- Masked individuals reduce their likelihood of being temporarily excluded from school.
- Masks will be required on all school buses at all times.
- Students should always have a mask readily available at school and will be required to wear them during times when large groups of people are being brought together, such as assemblies.
- The district will continue to closely monitor student and staff COVID-19 cases daily and the status could change at any time.
- If it is your preference for your child to wear a mask at school, please feel free to notify your child’s teacher of your preference.
- The district will notify families via email and the website of any changes to masking expectations.
Please note that the district takes a layered approach to COVID-19 prevention, which includes masking, social distancing, improved ventilation, handwashing, cleaning, contact tracing, education, and diagnostic and screening testing.
More details regarding the Masking Mitigation by Building chart above:
- Masks will be required for students and staff at schools on Fort Leonard Wood (Partridge Elementary, Thayer Elementary, Wood Elementary, Williams Early Childhood and Pick Educational and Volunteer Facility) due to Fort Leonard Wood’s current guidelines.
o From the Masking Mitigation Tool: “Schools on FLW will follow the installation’s general guidelines when the precautions set forth by the installation are greater than what is currently in place by district.”
- Unless otherwise noted, masks are optional for students attending schools in Waynesville and St. Robert (East Elementary, Freedom Elementary, Waynesville Sixth Grade Center, Waynesville Middle School, Waynesville High School and Waynesville Career Center); however, masks are strongly encouraged.
- The district continues to follow its Board Policy.
NOTE regarding cumulative totals in the COVID-19 Dashboard at the top of this page:
Cumulative totals do not include active cases from above the solid black line on the chart. Once an individual case ceases to be included in the active totals, then the individual moves into the cumulative totals. This way an individual is only counted once – as either active or in the cumulative totals. The dashboard is updated on Tuesdays.